Saturday, June 27, 2009

relationships+balance=?


It's easy to forget who you are when you're in a relationship. You get so fixated on the other person you forget your daily routine. You forget about doing your laundry, about your job, about your debt, about all those things that make up your life. You get so consumed in the other person. I get scared when I recognize it. Cause I notice that I forget about the world. I'm not sad or mad. The things that had been bothering me before all of a sudden disapear when I'm with that other person. And when I leave that person and enter the other world alone, I enter it peacefully, with a new set of eyes. But at the same time, I enter it preoccupied with the other person. So it's a constant back and forth pull. Which leads me to believe that relationships are hard work, especially for me because I suck at balancing. I always sway too much to one side. I never stay in one spot. I move around alot (my RLS, short attention span, and the fact that I suck at yoga balancing poses is proof). I know that the middle ground is balance. But how do I balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment