Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Calma, calma, que no panda el cunico,"


says El Chapulin Colorado--arguably, the best Mexican superhero ever. The closest phrase I can think of in translation is "don't panic." It's what we hear during a nervous breakdown. Which makes sense cause when you think about it, people panic because they're scarred. It's fear of the unknown. Fear paralyzes. I feel paralyzed at home. Not necessarily paralyzed but helpless to a daily situation that has been ailing me for years. It's between a couple. They are a pair that doesn't match. This is evident to me almost everyday of my life. How can it not, I live with them. I see how one of them makes life a living hell for the other. I can help end this cycle by suggesting a way out. And so my moral dilemma is whether or not to participate. From a psychological standpoint, this is devastating for me because I've seen this couple together all my life. I don't know how life would be for me without the two together. I've never fully cut the umbilical cord. I am afraid of what's going to happen when they split. Roles will be reversed. Which will be mine? (sigh) I'm not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment